Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Juliet Immortal: Stacey Jay

Title: Juliet Immortal
Author: Stacey Jay
Series: Juliet Immortal #1
Release Date: August 9, 2011
Publisher: Delacorte Books
Pages: 307
Source:Borrowed
Format: Hardcover
Stars: 5/5

The most tragic love story in history . . .

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.

"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume."
—Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare



(Summary from Goodreads)


Juliet Immortal is an alternate retelling of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. While I’ve never read it, the story always fascinated me.

I loved this novel. From Stacey Jay’s amazing writing to the original plot that had me hooked from page one.

This book was full of twists and turns - that while I probably should have - I never saw coming.

The characters were brilliant. Juliet was smart and caring. She kicked butt and had a fire that helped with her ongoing battle against Romeo, a character you want so badly to hate, but really just pity.

Then there’s Ben (insert swoon here) who I fell in love with almost instantly.

While Juliet Immortal is great stand alone novel, I cannot explain how happy I was when I found out that there will be a sequel called Romeo Redeemed.

-Codi

1 comment: