Saturday, March 10, 2012

Heavenly : Jennifer Laurens

Book: Heavenly
Author: Jennifer Laurens
Series: Heavenly #1
Release date: August 15, 2009
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing
Pages: 294
Source: Bought
Format: E-book
Stars: 4/5

I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him.

 Zoe's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoe lost in her broken life. Zoe escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoe's autistic sister. After Zoe is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.

(Summary from Goodreads)

I absolutely loved reading Heavenly. I've recently fallen in love with all books angel related and this is no exception.

The main character, Zoe,starts off as a self absorbed teenager, her only concern being who she was going to hook up with and where to find her next drink. It was amazing watching her change throughout the course of the novel.

The book was so realistic, from living with an autistic child to a very believable guardian angel, you can't help but wish was real.

The story had a way of drawing you in from the first page and an end with a surprising twist that made me want to read the second book, Penitence, so much more. 

-Codi

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Codi!
    Since I cant figure out where to comment on your 'about me' page so I thought I'll just comment here.
    So I see you are new here. Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm new to here too, though some people say 2 months is not that 'new'. I see that our age are only a year apart! I'm 15. It's quite hard to find anyone with the same age as me so founding you is a blast!
    So no more talking. Nice to mmet you!
    You can find my blog here-->
    books-alltheway.blogspot.com

    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review. I have been wanting to read this one for a while.

    ReplyDelete